11:36 PM
0



Edwin Siu and Aimee Chan had been collaborating from Forensic Heroes III (FH3) to The Last Steep Ascent and now to A Great Way to Care II. Recall Aimee sacrifice her life for love, today the two can finally continue their romance in A Great Way to Care II. This time, they go from a bickering pair to a pair of lovers. Their prior collaborations made it easy for them to portray a couple, but they both expressed their roles were challenging.

In the series, Aimee plays a psychologist, but to prevent duplicating her Western girl role in FH3, where she spoke a mouthful of English, this time she made special adjustments in her speech. She said: "This time, I want to be more mature and speaks a lot more Chinese, so I had to remember and understand the meaning of the words I'm saying. The challenge is I usually have a lot more small movements and usually talk with some English mixed into it. This time I purposely stopped adding an ending sound when I speak and spoke more firmly. I want to give the audience a different impression. Unless there are some terms I have to speak English, otherwise I try not to."

Before filming began, Aimee read several psychology books and watched several psychology related films. Since she had to simultaneously portray a psychopath, she also had to be cautious of her emotions. However, when facing Edwin's 'buck-teeth' look, Aimee frankly expressed it was difficult for her to hold in her laughter. "The first week of filming, I had to watch his mouth and listen carefully to what he was saying, but he hadn't gotten used to the buck teeth yet and kept spitting in my face when he spoke. Sometimes I had to maintain a serious expression and for some scenes, it's difficult to get the mood back when you had to redo the scene so many times."

Edwin expressed he was lucky in A Great Way to Care II because he had a romantic storyline with both Aimee and Christine Kuo. However, of course being a two-timer won't have a good ending. He revealed there was one scene where he got slapped by both girls, and it was very realistic. Both girls slapped him hard, he said: "Getting slapped twice and then turning in a circle, my face turned red." Aside from withstanding slaps from two beautiful girls, Edwin expressed the fake buck teeth was a challenge for him because his voice changed after putting on the fake buck teeth. It would also make him drool a lot and the fake teeth wouldn't always fit well in his mouth, so sometimes the friction would cause his gums to bleed! He said: "The most miserable was filming the eating scenes. The food would get stuck in the gaps, so I could only chew lightly. It's quite difficult! But, I love my role."

Source: Oriental Daily
Translated by: aZnangel @ AsianEU Forum

0 nhận xét:

Post a Comment