4:07 PM
0

Although earlier it looked like the weakened Oscar Leung could not finish his North Pole marathon, the "Young and Dangerous: Reloaded" star managed to complete the race in 11 hours and 14 seconds.

Popular Asians website reported that at the annual UVU North Pole Marathon that was held on 9 April, Oscar joined 45 other runners to complete a 42-kilometer race under a temperature of -30° Celsius.

Although he came in second to last place, Oscar excitedly planted a TVB flag at the terminal point with a latitude of 90 degrees.

The actor, who exclaimed that it was an achievement just to finish, enthused, "I've never participated in a long-distance running race, and I joined such a great challenge on my first time ever. Even the other contestants said I'm strong, because they never thought I'd finish."

The actor also revealed that he didn't think that the journey would be so arduous even after much preparation, and expressed, "I never thought it would be so cold that my eyelashes would freeze within half a minute. In addition, I was running on ice that melted or cracked, which made the uneven surfaces harder to step on. I spent lots of energy just to find balance."

He also expressed regret in not being able to achieve better results due to his deployment mistakes, and explained, "I ran too fast in the first two rounds and used up a lot of energy. I also made a mistake by not heading over to the rest station during the seventh and eighth round. I should have taken a break whenever I finished a round, to drink something hot and eat a little for energy. Instead, I didn't rest and it affected my results."

However, the actor enthused that he would definitely participate if such opportunity arises again.

Source: Yahoo! Entertainment

0 nhận xét:

Post a Comment