4:01 PM
0

The Hong Kong actress took home the best actress award at this year’s Hong Kong Film Awards

Miriam Yeung marks a new achievement in her entertainment career with first best actress nod at the 32nd Hong Kong Film Awards ceremony in Hong Kong held last Saturday.

Widely tipped as the dark horse for her performance in Love in the Buff, according to the Hong Kong media, the newly crowned film queen burst into tears while hugging her husband Real Ting after her name was announced.

Receiving the award from the 'God of songs' Jacky Cheung on stage, the agitated singer-actress could not stop crying. Flustered and lost for words, she repeatedly said, 'I'm dead, I'm dead!'

After composing herself, the 39-year-old said, 'I still have many things to learn when it comes to acting because I am a singer-turned-actress. I want to thank directors Alfred Cheung, James Yuen, Joe Ma. Most importantly, I want to thank director Pang Ho-Cheung for treating me like a friend. I owe my achievements to his support and encouragement.'

Meanwhile, Tony Leung Ka Fai was crowned the film king - for the fourth time - for his role in Cold War. The 55-year-old has been nominated for best actor 12 times in the past Hong Kong Film Awards.

Delivering his thank-you speech on stage, the actor revealed that his daughter watched the movie four times. 'She brings 20 friends to watch the film each time. I have to work harder to earn more money now because she spent it on the shows.'

Cold War went home the biggest winner that night, sweeping nine awards out of the 12 categories that it was nominated for.


Source: Xinmsn Entertainment

0 nhận xét:

Post a Comment