7:54 PM
0





** RED CARPET **


















Police action thriller "Cold War" swept the Hong Kong Film Awards on Saturday, carrying off nine prizes including the best actor gong for veteran star Tony Leung Ka-fai.

The film, about two rival officers' struggle to run a hostage rescue operation, also took best film, best director and best screenplay at the glamorous event considered to be Hong Kong's equivalent of the Academy Awards.

"It's because of this group of such fine performers that we have been successful in producing 'Cold War'," said Leung, 55.

"My daughters called me and told me to thank them, then I said why should I thank you? They said because we watched 'Cold War' four times... we watched it four times, and every time we brought along 20 classmates," an elated Leung said as he received his prize on stage.

Leung played a deputy police commissioner vying for power with a fellow senior officer played by Hong Kong actor Aaron Kwok over an operation to rescue five kidnapped officers.

The best actress honour went to singer-turned-actress Miriam Yeung for her role in the romantic comedy "Love in the Buff".

"I never thought I would have this chance," an emotional Yeung said. "Because I started off as a singer... so during the process of acting, I did not know a lot of things when I first started," she said.

Detective thriller "The Bullet Vanishes" along with "Cold War" led the race with 12 nominations each as the films went head-to-head in the major acting and directing categories.

The "Best Film of Mainland and Taiwan" category, which was added last year in recognition of the regional film industry, was won by the mainland Chinese production "Back to 1942".

The historical film tells a story of a wealthy man caught up in a famine during the Japanese occupation of China in World War II.

There have been increasing collaborations between Hong Kong, Taiwan and mainland filmmakers in recent years to tap the lucrative China market.

Cold War had 12 nominations and swept 9 of the awards, making them the big winner of the night.

Source: Yahoo! News, Mingpao (images)

Miriam Awkwardly Presents Award to Ex-lover Ronald

Miriam and Nick Cheung presented the "Best Supporting Actor" award to Ronald. Before the award presentation, Nick Cheung teased Miriam: "One of the finalist is your..." The embarrassed Miriam just looked at Ronald and greeted him: "Hi! How are you? I haven't seen you in a while, congrats!" When Nick read the award winners, he joked: "This one...he held a huge press conference and cried too (referring to his divorce with Charlene Choi), why don't you read his name!" When Ronald accepted his award, he was so emotional he cried: "I didn't have a good image when I first debuted because my father was the boss of a record company. As for myself, I sang a few songs and thought I was so great. I didn't make anyone drop their glasses and often get into trouble. Fortunately there are many people that really love and care about me. On the first day of filming, I was late because I got into an alcohol related accident and had to go to court. I disappointed everyone once again. Mr. Andy Lau said to me: 'Return of the prodigal son, no exchange of gold'. I was determined to give up singing and just go into acting. I started from nothing and learned to make commitments. Today, I got this award because the HK film scene is starting to accept me. I want to thank my parents for not giving up on me and I want to give this award to my wife and daughter." Ronald's wife, Sammie Yu teared up as well.


Winner's List

Best Film: Cold War

Best Director: Longman Leung, Sunny Luk (Cold War)

Best Screenplay: Longman Leung, Sunny Luk (Cold War)

Best Actor: Tony Leung Ka Fai (Cold War)

Best Actress: Miriam Yeung (Love In The Buff)

Best Supporting Actor: Ronald Cheng (Vulgaria)

Best Supporting Actress: Dada Chan (Vulgaria)

Best New Performer: Alex Tsui (Cold War)

Best Cinematography: Anthony Pun (The Silent War)

Best Film Editing: Kong Chi Leung, Wong Hoi (Cold War)

Best Art Direction: Yee Chung Man, Eric Lam (The Last Tycoon)

Best Costume & Make Up Design: Yee Chun Man, Jessie Dai (The Great Magician)

Best Action Choreography: Jackie Chan, He Jun (CZ12)

Best Original Film Score: Peter Kam (Cold War)

Best Original Film Song: Set Disturbance 定風波
Composed by: Leon Ko
Lyrics: Chris Shum
Singer: Jacky Cheung

Best Sound Design: Kingson Tsang (Cold War)

Best Visual Effects: Cecil Cheng (Cold War)

Best New Director: Chow Hin Yeung (Nightfall)

Best Film From Mainland & Taiwan: Back to 1942

Lifetime Achievement Award: Ng See Yeun (Director, Producer)

Professional Achievement Award: Lui Lai Wah, Ko Tin Jau


Award Presenters

Best Film: Andy Lau, Carina Lau
Best Director: Aaron Kwok
Best Screenplay: Giddens Ko
Best Actor: Deanie Ip, Anthony Wong
Best Actress: Jacky Cheung
Best Supporting Actor: Nick Cheung, Miriam Yeung
Best Supporting Actress: Andrew Lau, Gigi Leung
Best Cinematography, Best Film Editing: Stephen Fung
Best Art Direction, Best Costume and Makeup Design: Alex Man, Janice Man
Best Action Choreography: Eric Tsang, Chrissie Chau
Best Sound Design, Best Visual Effects: Lo Hoi-pang
Best Original Film Score, Best Original Film Song: Mavis Fan, Choi Siwon
Best New Director, Best New Performer: Chapman To, Pang Ho-cheung
Best Film of Mainland and Taiwan: Jackie Chan
Lifetime Achievement Award: Raymond Chow
Professional Achievement Award: Wong Kar-wai


Source: Mingpao
Translated by: aZnangel @ AsianEU Forum

0 nhận xét:

Post a Comment