4:23 PM
0

Miriam Yeung may have won Best Actress at the 32nd Hong Kong Film Awards for her role as Cherie in "Love in the Buff", but rumour has it that it was luck that singer Ivana Wong turned down the role and paved the way for the actress.

Groove Asia website reported that while speaking to the media recently, Ivana Wong confirmed the rumour and revealed that that she was indeed offered to play Cherie in the Pang Ho Cheung movie, but turned it down due to circumstances.

"I met with director Pang Ho Cheung, but at the time, I had vocal cord issues and lost my voice. I was depressed as I was having problems with singing and couldn't control my voice," she said.

Ivana added, "When I read the script, I learned that the character Cherie was an avid smoker. And since my vocal cord was extremely sensitive at the time and the doctors had advised me to maintain it properly, I had to decline the offer even if I wanted it very much."

Asked if she regret turning down the offer, Ivana replied the negative, stating that Miriam Yeung and Shawn Yue were compatible in the film.

"I am happy for Miriam's victory and hope that I will get to work with Director Pang in the future. The best would be collaborating with both Miriam and Shawn!" she enthused.

Source: Yahoo! Entertainment

0 nhận xét:

Post a Comment