6:47 PM
0

HK film The Grandmaster directed by Wong Kar Wai and starring Tony Leung finally announces its completion after 14 years of work. The film was start playing in China on January 8th and January 10th in Hong Kong. Yesterday afternoon, the relieved Tony attended the press conference in Beijing. The film was shooting for 3 years, leaving Tony complaining bitterly, no wonder he still has doubt on whether its really completed. Zhang Ziyi described the shooting process as "like getting on a pirate ship". She decided she won't participate in martial arts films again. Movie critiques gave more positive reviews than negative, however, there are some criticisms that The Grandmaster is no different to 1994 film Ashes of Time and the part where Ip Man takes off his long gown and changes into a suit, is basically the same as "Chow Mo Wan" from In the Mood for Love.

When the 50 year old actor spoke about his 3 year experience from shooting this film, he said: "I started practicing Kung Fu when I was 47, in between I broke my arm twice and had to take several months off each time, which wasted my previous hard efforts. Isn't that painful?" Tony continued and revealed his bitter experiences: "I was shooting through the night 30 times, I told director Wong Kar Wai I'm dying, I can't do it. Director said, fine fine, leave it at that. Results, we had to shoot for another week and I ended with inflammation in my lungs. That time, I spent 5 days in bed. For a long-term period of 6 months, I was shooting in the nights. I needed time to rest after getting off work. I go to sleep at 12am, but then have to get up at 4-5am and run out the door before the sunrise. Carina Lau called and asked me where I had gone, that period I was physically exhausted."

Tony frankly expressed when the film finally completed, he had doubts if it was true: "That day we finished, I thought I would be very happy and excited, the director said to me 'Tony Leung, this is the last scene', after I finished, I wasn't that happy. Perhaps I knew I had to go back for dubbing and other promotional events. I didn't really believe it was over."

Zhang Ziyi plays a martial artist, she expressed after she watched the completed film, she couldn't sleep. "Considering my health and role, I decided I will never shoot a martial arts film again. I'm getting old, and have discovered I actually have many old injuries, I can no longer handle it physically." Zhang Ziyi joked and said she felt like she got on a 'pirate ship', she said: "3 years of practicing Kung Fu and being my character, I can really feel my character's bumpy life."

Director Wong Kar Wai was asked why he dragged on the filming for so long? He said: "With this good actors/actresses for me to support, if there is time, I am willing to keep going. Although I hate to part from them, the film has to come out, The Grandmaster will emerge as the beauty of Chinese people."

The Grandmaster Trailer



Source: Mingpao
Translated by: aZnangel @ AsianEU Forum

0 nhận xét:

Post a Comment