4:54 PM
0










Last night (March 31st), there were about 20 artists performing at Leslie Cheung's commemorative concert Miss You Much Leslie, marking the 10th anniversary of his death. The performers included Tony Leung, Anthony Wong, Hins Cheung, Joey Yung, Grasshopper, Julian Cheung, Vivian Chow, Tai Chi, Leo Ku, Andy Hui, Karen Mok, Kiki Sheung, Kelly Chen and Jacky Cheung. Leslie's former lover Daffy Tong (Tong Tong) chose to support Gor Gor low-profile.

The concert started off with the voice of Florence Chan (Leslie's manager), she expressed Gor Gor left behind a riddle for her: "At 6:43 PM on the 1st of April 2003, there was a sound of thunder in the plain that shattered the hearts of many. At the time, I was at the scene and didn't know what was going on, but then I suddenly heard a voice talking to me, 'I can finally get a good comfortable sleep.' I locked this message in my heart and never told anyone until I heard this song." Then To My Friend written by Jacky Cheung, performed by Anita Mui started playing. Florence continued: "I finally understand and I'm letting it out now. Rest assured! We understand, we know, you will forever be in your world of freedom. We will miss you forever!" Then Anthony Wong came on stag along with an empty chair, leaving a seat for Leslie.

Anthony performed Glass Romance, he said: "Gor Gor, 10 years ago you pulled a big joke on us, that day shattered the entire city, but your departure taught us to care for other's pain and sufferings. Although you went to a far far place, but we will still miss you much." Then he sang the chorus of Gor Gor's That Far, That Close.

Tony Leung Speaks to Gor Gor Through Air

Gor Gor's good friend Tony Leung came on stage with the theme song of Days of Being Wild playing in the background. Tony appeared three times throughout the concert and spoke to Leslie through the air.

{{ [ON.CC, Translated by: sparkles_n15 @ asianfantics.net] Tony used one of Leslie's favourite lines from the film Days of Being Wild as his opening dialogue. "What you want to remember will always be remembered". Tony appeared on stage as the theme song to movie played in the background. Tony says, "I remember you used to love the dialogue from this movie. Since you've been gone more than 3,000 days ago, I finally understood the meaning behind these words. After so many years, it made me realize the significance in preserving these moments. Even though we can no longer meet, I won't forget the friend I've made in a minute. Sometimes when I look up in the sky, I will search for a bird without legs."

"It's a little sad here tonight because we are missing an important person. We haven't met for ten years, but I really want to know, do you still miss us?" The screen jumps to a footage from one of Gor Gor's concerts. Leslie says, "I've missed all of you the most."

During another segment in the concert, Tony reveals a secret. "There's something that I've always wanted to tell you. Not long after you left, I still continued keeping your number on my cellphone. There was a time I accidentally pressed your number and heard a very familiar voice…" The recording plays out on stage and everyone hears Leslie's voice asking to 'leave a message'. Tony continues speaking, "At that time, I left a message for you. I said, 'Why don't we start over from the beginning?' When we filmed Happy Together, that was a line Ho Po Wing often used when speaking to Lai Yiu Fai. I'm sure I'm not the only one on stage tonight who wishes we could start over from the beginning. If you could leave a message for us now, what would you want to say?"

The screen jumps to a footage from Leslie's 2000 Passion Tour concert. Gor Gor says, "If it weren't for everyone here, I wouldn't have been able to stand for so long, for so many years. However, it's hard for me to say these words in Chinese, because it seems kind of….but I'll say it in English. 'I love you, I love you all!'" }}

Vivian Chow performed If You Knew My Predicament, which was a song Gor Gor wrote for her. She sobbed: "Perhaps to Leslie, this song was easy to compose, but to me it is a matchless honor." She also had a romantic duet with Chilam Cheung, When Love is Already the Past. Kelly Chen and Joey Yung performed Gor Gor's very popular classics. Kiki Sheung sang the theme song to the 1984 TVB series Once Upon an Ordinary Girl, in which she co-starred Gor Gor.

At the end of the concert, Florence teared up backstage, sighing that the concert production wasn't perfect enough. The group of singers comforted her, saying that she did a great job and Gor Gor must've happily accepted this gift.

Source: Mingpao, Oriental Daily
Translated by: aZnangel @ AsianEU Forum

0 nhận xét:

Post a Comment