7:56 PM
0

Recently, FACE magazine reported TVB actor Ronan Pak is involved in male prostitution through a middle person, where he provides services to gays. He was spotted at a Tin Shui Wai hotel, where he allegedly met his clients there and because he got 'caught', he was so frightened he ran away (Details). Last Friday, Ronald and his manager Tiffany accepted an exclusive interview with [HK Headline] to explain the incident. Ronan expressed he was at the hotel to meet his friend named Tommy, whom he had been in touch through Facebook and occasionally go out for drinks. Unfortunately, Tommy suddenly disappeared, his phone number was no longer in service and his Facebook was deleted. Ronan could not get in touch with him at all and didn't even get the chance to confront him. Felt betrayed, Ronan expressed there is nobody to blame, but himself for being stupid.

Reporter: What happened that night at Tin Shui Wai?

Ronan: I arrived at Tin Shui Wai and waited for about 10-15 minutes for my friend, but he never came. I tried calling him, but nobody answered. Suddenly, 4 men came out of nowhere and came towards me. I instantly thought they wanted to rob me because one of them looked as if they were taking out a weapon. So that's why I just ran away, in case they really had a knife or something. I could have died!

Reporter: The friend you had been in touch with, you no longer had his number and he deleted his Facebook, actually how did you meet him? Does this have anything to do with money?

Ronan: His name is Tommy. We met 3 years ago at a bar. He works in Sales. He did owe me money before because he had financial difficulties and asked if I could lend him some money. Once he has money, he'll pay me back, so he has my bank account number, but I just lent a few thousand dollars to him.

Reporter: Is this friend gay? Did he have the intention to pursue you?

Ronan: He is gay, but I didn't think he was trying to pursue me! We were just regular friends.

Reporter: What do you think of gays?

Ronan: I don't want to label them, they just chose to live a different lifestyle than the average men and women. I have several gay friends too, they are no different from an ordinary person. They still have to work, eat and sleep.

Reporter: Do you think you trust people too easily? Has anyone called you stupid?

Ronan: Actually I really am rather foolish or stupid. My parents, friends and manager told me before. Saying it in a pleasant way, I'm simple-minded, but in a unpleasant way, I'm just stupid. (For example?) Like when a friend say to me they're broke and want me to pay for their meal, I say that's fine, I can pay!

Reporter: How well did you think you handled this incident?

Ronan: (*starts crying*) I don't want to push the responsibility to the media and the friend. I definitely hold the majority of the responsibility. I know I'm not a good talker, many times people misunderstand what I'm trying to say and other times, I may even worsen the situation, but I really try my best to express what I want to say.

Reporter: Has TVB talked to you about this incident? Are you afraid of losing your job?

Ronan: Of course I'm worried. Actually after the incident, my manager called TVB immediately to explain. TVB believed that I didn't do such thing and knew that particular magazine had always behaved like that and already cut them off, so TVB won't care about them too much.

Reporter: How are you doing financially?

Ronan: OK, I had a lot of jobs earlier in the year and got a movie offer, which will start shooting this week. My role doesn't have too many screen time, but I never been in a movie before. I'm excited and happy. I will do my best.

Reporter: How much do you make monthly? Are you financially stabled?

Ronan: Not stabled. Honestly, can't stop working. My income is better when there is something to film and commercials to do. When I don't have anything to film, I would give dance lessons. (You do this part-time?) I taught dancing for many years, but rarely now. Sometimes my former students would want me to continue teaching them, so they would rent a dance studio and ask me to teach them. I usually teach jazz and modern dance. On average, I earn several thousands for teaching one or two lessons a week.

Reporter: After the incident, how are you facing it? Have you heard a lot of negative comments?

Ronan: I'm facing it optimistically. Many people have taught me to just laugh it off. Fake things will always be fake. Also there is entertainment news every week, there might be something new next week and people will forget about it. Each time I read this message again, it would remind me that this is a lesson learned. The most difficult to accept is the magazine said I'm worth HK$55,000.

Source: HK Headline
Translated by: aZnangel @ AsianEU Forum

0 nhận xét:

Post a Comment