7:22 PM
0



Jenny Lau was a Miss Hong Kong 2011 participant, but she was already voted out before the final. Fortunately, she enrolled in the 25th TVB Artistes Training class that same year and got chosen by producer Chin Kwok Wai to participate in TVB's 2011 game show What the Face as "Cotton Candy", one of the 'Chok Angels' on the show.

Then in 2012's Battle of the Senses, she was chosen again to be one of the angels. The audience began noticing her then. Although Jenny had always been in series, she only got the unfavorable minor roles until Reality Check, where she got a supporting actress role as Louise Lee's future daughter-in-law, "Ho Yee". Unfortunately, that ended up in a disaster as well. Last year during the filming of Reality Check, director Cheung Wing Ho treated her harshly. Jenny was not only pushed into the wall, but also got a bag full of frogs over her head. The incident turned into a big scandal.

Six months after the incident, Reality Check finally airs and because Jenny is a newcomer and has little acting experience, she was heavily criticized for her "poor acting" and her despicable role. Netizens were extremely annoyed by her frequent line, "Ah B! Ah B!" However, Jenny translated this into positive energy: "I don't feel wronged, a newcomer usually gets criticized. This is self-discipline for me. If I didn't try, then how would I know what I need to improve on? I'm already considered a lucky one; I'm just a student without much background, many other classmates from the TVB Artistes Training class are still getting bystander roles. I'm pleased to have a role with lines and a name. Since the harsh treatment scandal, I have never complained because I knew everyone wanted the best for the series. I'm actually very thankful of the producer for giving me the opportunity to be in this series."

As a newcomer, Jenny is trying out new things, such as being an entertainment news anchor. She said: "I was already working as a news anchor before filming series, but that's just part-time. Then I started doing both acting and anchoring, but didn't think I was learning anything, so I hope to concentrate more on being a news anchor first.

Source: The Sun
Translated by: aZnangel @ AsianEU Forum

0 nhận xét:

Post a Comment