5:25 AM
0

Actress Charmaine Sheh believes that her decision to discontinue her contract with TVB in 2011 has taught her how to enjoy her life.

Jayne Stars website reported that the actress, who has always been a workaholic during her time with TVB since her first stint at the 1997 Miss Hong Kong Pageant, revealed, "I have been exposed to a new philosophy in life."

"This is a new start for me and I am learning to live my life. Women truly need to have good maintenance of themselves instead of abusing their youth. I'm now beginning to understand the meaning behind this, so I took a break from work and am try to manage my time well," said the actress, who has been enjoying her filming breaks for six months.

She continued, "Nowadays, I only accept dramas when I am interested in the plot, and I only attend events that I like. I didn't mean that I had no freedom in the past. It's just that before, I always carried a workaholic attitude. But now, I have learned when to stop and take a break."

The "Marry the Purple" actress also expressed that acting is a good way to gain life experience, stating, "Take myself for example. I have filmed around 50 dramas, in which I portrayed 50 different characters. It's almost like I lived life 50 times. And with my own life altogether, I've turned into someone who has experienced a lot."

Her mother's life-threatening disease was also the cause of her changing ways. The actress revealed that seeing her mother's illness made her realised that the world is not just for work.

Charmaine said, "God gives you the chance to enjoy family happiness. If you don't cherish it, then you might not have access to it next time."

Source: Yahoo Entertainment

0 nhận xét:

Post a Comment