5:15 PM
0

It was revealed that "Lan Kwai Fong 2" star, Sammy Shum has recently been announced to replace the recently annulled nomination of June Lam from the Best New performer category of the 32nd Hong Kong Film Awards.

Popular Asians website reported that on 7 February, the HKFA named Shum one of the contenders in the category, alongside Zhang Lanxin from "CZ12", "The Last Tycoon" newcomer Feng Wenjuan, Tai Chi Zero's Jayden Yuan, and Tsui Ka Kit from "Cold War".

At a recent interview, Sammy exclaimed that he was unprepared to receive such a pleasant surprise, saying, "I never thought that I would get nominated! "Lan Kwai Fong 2" is a movie for youths, and it is also a commercial film. I have earned much just from knowing that people have seen my hard work!"

Asked his thoughts for being a replacement from June Lam, Sammy stated, "I don't mind. I am just very happy and honoured to get nominated, although my main reason for being an actor was not because of winning any awards."
Asked if he has hopes in winning, Sammy expressed that he will not keep his hopes too high. "It really depends on luck. I will still try my best."

Earlier, actress June Lam, who was nominated in the category for her performance in "Love in the Buff", had to be disqualified after it was found that she already had prior acting experience before the said movie. The Best New Performer award required all nominees to be nominated for their first film but June has already had previous acting experience in a movie in 2011.

The 32nd Hong Kong Film Awards will be held in the Hong Kong Cultural Centre on Saturday, 13 April.

Source: Yahoo Entertainment

0 nhận xét:

Post a Comment