5:19 AM
0

It seems that not everybody is okay with "Inbound Troubles" actor Wong Cho Lam's scriptwriting venture, as it was reported that the again has received a complaint from his fellow TVB scriptwriters.

Popular Asians reported that on 15 January, Cat Kwan, the award-winning screen writer for the 1999 film, "Tempting Heart", wrote on her Weibo, "I read a report that wrote: 'New drama, co-written by Wong Cho Lam, discusses about contradicting social differences between China and Hong Kong; many sensitive topics were already played with in the premiere episode.' Does 'co-written' mean that he is part of the scriptwriting [team]? Then I am very curious to which episode Mr. Wong wrote, because I am really interested in re-watching it for my enjoyment."

The screenwriter continued, "To the lovely audience and all my friends, can you please tell me which episode Mr. Wong was in charge of after viewing the ending credits? If you can't find it, then TVB must have many scriptwriters. The number of people who contributed ideas to dramas is endless."

The criticism comes after the actor received critical commendation for his bravery in helming the controversial "Inbound Troubles" script, which touches on the cultural differences between Hong Kong and mainland China.

However, the actor, who heard of Cat's dubious comment, posted a response on Weibo, saying "Beloved Ms. Kwan, you are a scriptwriter that I respected very much. When I was working with the other ["Inbound Troubles"] scriptwriters, we would always bring up your masterpiece "Tempting Heart", and till this day, my heart is still tempted. It is very rare for TVB to have such a great and golden scriptwriter like you!"

The actor continued, "As for which episode I wrote, there was none. Not even one. However, I had a part in every episode: I had a part in designing the characters and their relationships with the scriptwriters; coming up with the synopsis for each episode; in research, brainstorming, and outlining each episode; in designing each episode's climax, comedic, and emotional timing; I also took part in sharing stress, etc. with other scriptwriters.

Why is my name not credited after each episode? I asked about it before, but everyone knew that I already had a part in writing the show. I hope the audience will take notice in other scriptwriters and commend them. Our team of scriptwriters does not care about title. We just want to quietly and creatively work on a script together."

The actor also spoke in an interview a few days later, admitting that it was a mistake when TVB announced that he would be co-writing the "Inbound Troubles" script.

He stated, "I understood that I could have directly contacted Tommy Leung about my ideas. I also used a lot of non-TVB cast and crew members. This made a lot of people unhappy, and I have heard people gossiping about me. But I hope they will be able to understand me. I only want to write a good script so the audience can enjoy, not trying to steal anybody's rice bowl. I've always respected TVB scriptwriters."

Meanwhile, "Inbound Troubles" is currently airing on average of 1.92 million viewers per episode.  

Source: Yahoo Entertainment

0 nhận xét:

Post a Comment